Senior Director of DevOps
If you have deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure and best practices for scaling systems and processes, we're seeking a talented Sr. Director of DevOps to manage our AWS infrastructure, orchestration and CI/CD processes. The right candidate will be a hands-on leader, responsible for driving our dev-ops architecture, tooling, monitoring while mentoring a small team. This role will report directly to the VP of Engineering, and is a remote position for anywhere in the continental USA. As a senior member of the engineering team you will work closely with our backend, frontend, and mobile teams as we roll out amazing products!
We are expanding our product portfolio and growing our customer reach around the globe, and continue to grow and operate the infrastructure. We are currently hosted in AWS; current tooling includes: Jenkins, Terraform, Docker and more.
What You'll Do
- Inspire and lead our Infra/DevOps/IT teams with vision, passion, and drive.
- Build out our Infrastructure and DevOps teams in SF, Boston and Ukraine.
- Create the vision for and drive our DevOps processes.
- In collaboration with engineering team, assess the current and long term infrastructure and IT needs for the organization and build a defensible strategy, and operating plan including team and infrastructure budget forecasting.
- Mature our 24x7 global on-call strategy for all essential services.
Improve our end-to-end service availability and performance tracking solution.
- Proactively assess potential issues with product delivery, patching, and other changes to mitigate or detect and reduce remediation times.
- Enable engineering teams with sandboxed, scalable environments.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a production environment operations
- Experience with incident management and postmortem process
- Deep knowledge of AWS API’s and web services
- You have experience with the following:
- Configuring and administering Containers / ECS / Docker / Kubernetes.
- Installing, configuring, and administering some of the following: Terraform, Jenkins, NodeJS, Docker, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Prometheus, Janus, Coturn
- Experience with SSO platforms and an understanding of protocols like SAML and OAUTH2
- On-call (SRE style) rotation
- Awareness of security best practices in a cloud environment
- Exposure to some industry certification standards such as SOC2